A Birdhouse Fit For A Lady...Or A Girly Girl

Good morning fellow musers!  Those of you that have "known" me for a while know that I have an affinity for two types of projects:  wreaths and birdhouses.  This next project is the latest birdhouse I made for May Arts and a friend of mine whose daughter is a really girly-girl.  Needless to say, Graphic 45’s “Ladies’ Diary” was the perfect choice.
This is the first time that I’ve altered a birdhouse by actually covering it in paper.  I usually stain or paint it first then just embellish because I am lazy and that is soooo much easier!  This involved a lot of fussy cutting...a lot.  I'm surprised I'm not cross-eyed.
For the roof, I made template and traced the shape for all fourteen sections.  After gluing them on, I covered the seams using May Arts pearl strand.  Some rosettes, a vintage key, and a filigree butterfly really pull it all together.
 My finishing touch was to use some of the velvet and crochet trim along the base of the birdhouse.  I simply cut off one side of the crochet edge and used hot glue to attach it.  A quick spritz of some glimmer mist and it’s done.
Thank you for taking a look at my latest birdhouse.  Now I'm off to throw back a mimose or 7 after all of that cutting!